Thursday, February 17, 2005

The Nokia 3650 ages well

The Nokia 3650 is the most useful device I have owned. Almost two years later, Nokia is still selling basically the same phone (3660 and 3620). It has aged well.

  • It's small enough to go anywhere
  • It keeps my calendar, address book and to do list
  • It syncs almost flawlessly via Bluetooth with my Macs (iBook, G5 tower)
  • It plays MPEG4 movies
  • With an IR keyboard, it can take notes
  • Becomes a servicable flashlight with "Torch" software
  • It takes pictures (pretty decent ones)
  • Content is easily added or removed with a simple flash reader
    (I keep a SanDisk Cruzer flash reader in my pocket)
  • Lots of free software

Downsides

  • not enough internal memory
  • only supports 128 meg flash cards (with current firmware)
  • Bet you thought I was going to say "the %%^&** keyboard". Actually, I don't mind it.

My sister and brother-in-law are now 3650 owners.

No comments: