Monday, September 15, 2003

Dis N-Gage

I saw little paper brochures shaped like the Nokia N-Game gaming phone this weekend. The guy at EB even gave me a N-Gage cap. Nokia is really pushing this thing.

I don't think the future bodes well for this device. I hope I'm wrong. t apparently has one memory slot, which can contain either a game or a memory card. So it you remove the memory card to insert a game, everything that was on the memory card becomes unavailable. What were they thinking?

Even worse, the battery cover and battery must be removed to swap the card, making swapping very cumbersome. If this is the case, they should have added an additional external slot to the phone. This would allow a game card and a memory card to co-exist. And while they are at it, add an additional card storage slot.

If it is possible to transfer a game from a game card to the internal memory card, that would help.

It also costs $300. You can buy a GameBoy Advance SP for $99. I can buy a lot of games for $200.

Like the N-Gage, my Nokia 3650 only has an internal card slot, under the battery. It's not a big deal because it is relatively simple to get stuff on and off the phone by other means. I rarely remove it.

No comments: